Fleet: flydubai will be splitting its fleet, utilising its two engineering and maintenance bases at Dubai International (DXB) and Al Maktoum International (DWC). With its 14 grounded Boeing 737 MAX aircraft, flydubai already had an extensive engineering and maintenance programme underway involving 18 hours of maintenance per aircraft per week. With the announcement of the flight restrictions, the engineering and maintenance programme is being expanded to its fleet of 42 Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
Cargo: flydubai operated its first all-cargo flight to Kuwait last week. A strong global demand for cargo remains and the airline is working towards expanding its cargo operations and is currently studying the opportunity of cargo in its cabin as well as in the hold of its aircraft.
Repatriations: We are fully supporting governments and authorities across the flydubai network with their repatriation efforts helping them to make arrangements for their citizens to return home.
Helping our customers
Ghaith Al Ghaith, Chief Executive Officer of flydubai, said: “our customers are always at the heart of everything we do and we fully recognise the importance of responding promptly to any questions they may have during this changing situation. Since the beginning of March, we have received more than 80,000 customer enquiries. Our Customer Engagement team is working hard to respond to this unprecedented number of enquiries that we have received. They are supported by members of staff from different teams who have been deployed to ensure that all our customers receive a reply. We thank all our customers for their patience at this time.”
- Customers who were booked to travel on a flydubai flight that has been cancelled are advised to go to the “Manage Booking” tab on flydubai.com where they will be able to request a refund to flydubai voucher or rebook.
- If further assistance is required customers can call the flydubai Contact Centre on (+971) 600 54 44 45, send an email to email@example.com with “Change my booking” in the subject line or send a private message on Facebook.
- Customers can expect a reply on social media within one week and a reply by email within 30 days.
- Customers who made their booking through a Travel Agent or Travel Partner are advised to contact them directly regarding refund and rebooking options
- Travel advisories are available on flydubai.com and are updated on a regular basis.
Ghaith Al Ghaith, Chief Executive Officer of flydubai, added: “I would like to pay tribute to my colleagues across the airline who are working around the clock under often challenging circumstances to adapt to a fast-evolving situation. My thoughts are particularly with those who have loved ones affected directly by COVID-19. We cannot all be together in person right now, but rest assured that the united team at flydubai will remain hard at work behind the scenes to be able to bring us back together when the appropriate time comes.”